This is Anglophenia’s best roundup yet, complete with some funny bits, some adorable bits, and an audience response that we found legitimately shocking — and we don’t mean the Rory thing listed below (you have to click through to find and look for the “jarring” bit).
Here’s what else we’ve learned today:
• An interesting discovery that came out of this morning’s Meet The Stars panel is that Karen Gillan is terrified of things that buzz and fly, as a lot of people are. She’s scared of moths, she’s scared of midges, and she’s scared of butterflies. Actual butterflies. I know!
• Steven Moffat’s standard answer to any question about future episodes of the show is a delightedly sing-song “I’m not telling you!”
• Arthur Darvill told an amazing story of a man he met who said he had meticulously arranged his wedding day so that there was an hour-long break to watch Amy and Rory’s wedding, which happened to be live on TV on the same day.
• A very keen Whovian called Jordan offered a jelly baby to the panel, and got a jammy dodger in return from Matt Smith.
• Caroline Skinner was wearing a knitted TARDIS hat, given to Karen Gillan the day before by a fan.
• Due to collective silliness, all three stars of the show took to the stage for one of their Meet The Stars panels using huge balletic leaps. Matt then embarked on a keepy-uppy of a soccer ball, reaching 50 kickes, but only on the condition that people in the audience would donate money to the BBC’s Sport Relief charity.
• During an aside about the amount of times Arthur has had to play death scenes, Steven ominously rumbled: “and you ain’t seen NOTHIN’ yet!”
(This rather shocked the audience for a moment, and completely derailed Steven’s train of thought)