Their Royal Highnesses, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will today celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who with a visit to BBC Cymru Wales Roath Lock studios in Cardiff Bay.
The Prince and The Duchess will meet the Doctor (Matt Smith) and his companion Clara (Jenna Coleman), alongside showrunner Steven Moffat and a host of off screen talent who take the show from script to screen. They will also come face to face with some of the show’s most famous adversaries, the Daleks.
This will be the first Royal visit to Roath Lock studios since they officially opened in March 2012. Their Royal Highnesses will tour the Doctor Who production office and studios, with the following itinerary:
- Doctor Who production office, where Their Royal Highnesses will meet the show’s costume designer, storyboard artist, locations manager, graphics artist, set decorator and production designer with displays from each of the skills areas.
- The TARDIS where Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman and Steven Moffat will show how one of the most famous sets in the world works.
- Next is a display of some of the show’s renowned monsters, including Daleks, a Silent, a Weeping Angel, a Cyberman, Strax and an Ood. Nicholas Briggs, the voice of the Daleks, will demonstrate how to re-create the famous catchphrases.
- During the final stage of the tour Their Royal Highnesses will be shown a display against a green screen, demonstrated by SFX…
Click on the picture above to read the rest of the article and see some videos from the Royal Meeting.
- Before meeting some Skillset apprentices who are training at Roath Lock in a number of TV functions.