Doctor Who audio drama producers Big Finish have announced three new seasons ofDark Eyes, continuing the adventures of the Eighth Doctor and Molly.
Available to pre-order now, Dark Eyes 2, 3 and 4 will be released over the course of a year, from February 2014 to February 2015, and will star Paul McGann as the Doctor and Ruth Bradley as Molly O’Sullivan.
Following on from last year’s hugely popular four-episode Dark Eyes boxset, Dark Eyes2 continues the story with the return of companion Molly O’Sullivan, the ever-malevolent Daleks and a host of other characters new and old, both helping and hindering the Doctor.
Dark Eyes can be preordered from the Big Finish website now.
In honor of the Cybermen returning to our screens this weekend in Nightmare in Silver, Big Finish is doing a Cybermen Special Offer! All 20 releases that feature the Cybermen are currently £5 each (CD or download) or £100 for the lot:
- Sword of Orion (Main Range; 8th Doctor and Charley) by Nicholas Briggs
- Spare Parts (Main Range; 5th Doctor and Nyssa) by Marc Platt
- The Harvest (Main Range; 7th Doctor, Ace, and Hex) by Dan Abnett
- The Reaping (Main Range; 6th Doctor and Peri) by Joseph Lidster
- The Gathering (Main Range; 5th Doctor and Tegan) by Joseph Lidster
- The Girl Who Never Was (Main Range; 8th Doctor and Charley) by Alan Barnes
- Kingdom of Silver / Keepsake (Main Range; 7th Doctor) by James Swallow
- Legend of the Cybermen (Main Range; 6th Doctor, Jamie, and Zoe) by Mike Maddox
- The Silver Turk (Main Range; 8th Doctor and Mary Shelley) by Marc Platt
- Human Resources (Part 1 and Part 2) (Eighth Doctor Adventures; 8th Doctor and Lucie) by Eddie Robson
- The Ultimate Adventure (Stage Plays; 6th Doctor, Crystal, and Jason) by Terrance Dicks
- Cyberman Series 1: Scorpius, Fear, Conversion, and Telos (four separate releases) by Nicholas Briggs
- Cyberman Series 2 (box set) by James Swallow
- The Blue Tooth (Companion Chronicles; told by Liz Shaw) by Nigel Fairs [NOTE: This release is available on CD only.]
- Real Time (Bonus Releases; 6th Doctor and Evelyn) by Gary Russell [NOTE: This release is available on CD only.]
- The Crystal of Cantus (Bernice Summerfield) by Joseph Lidster [NOTE: This release is available on CD only.]
Fourth Doctor Adventures by Big Finish Productions - 2013
with Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and the late Mary Tamm as Romana I
- January 2013: The Auntie Matter
- February 2013: The Sands of Life
- March 2013: War Against The Laan
- April 2013: The Justice of Jalxar [Not Pictured]
- May 2013: Phantoms of the Deep [Not Pictured]
- June 2013: The Dalek Contract
- July 2013: The Final Phase
In November 2013, Big Finish will be releasing Doctor Who: The Light at the End, a very special 100-minute story to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who. Tom Baker (1974-81), Peter Davison (1982-84), Colin Baker (1984-86), Sylvester McCoy (1987-89) and Paul McGann (1996) will all reprise their roles as, respectively, the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors, whose paths suddenly intersect when they face imminent destruction.
“We wanted to do a proper, fully-fledged multi-Doctor story for this very special occasion,” says writer, director and executive producer Nicholas Briggs, “and it’s wonderful that all the surviving Doctors threw themselves behind the project so enthusiastically. That’s not to say the first three Doctors don’t appear – we wanted to pay homage to the whole history of the classic series.”
The Doctors will also be joined by a number of their regular companions: Louise Jameson reprises the role of the savage Leela, Sarah Sutton plays the scientist Nyssa, Nicola Bryant is American botany student Peri, Sophie Aldred is streetwise kid Ace and India Fisher returns as Edwardian adventurer Charley Pollard.
“And that’s not all,” says producer David Richardson, “because Geoffrey Beevers is back to create mayhem as the Master, and there will be a number of appearances from some much-cherished old friends from the TV series…”
Doctor Who: The Light at the End will be released in two different versions. A five-disc limited special edition comes with two hour-long documentaries, plus The Revenants, a Companion Chronicles tale which began life as a free Doctor Who Magazine download. It’s performed by William Russell, who starred in the very first TV story as Ian Chesterton. The special edition comes in beautiful special packaging, and will include a number of exclusive professionally photographed images of the cast.
The standard edition comprises two discs, featuring the two hour-long episodes of the story.