See that bag behind Matt Smith and Karen Gillan? That’s my bag. That really shouldn’t be in this film at all. In the rush and fluster of getting to talk for a few minutes to the actual Doctor from Doctor Who (and his delightful companion), about the Doctor Who Convention, and the wondrous costumes people were wearing, I completely forgot to move it.
So, in the first of a series of interviews I did with the stars of the show, on-screen and off, here’s Matt and Karen discussing cosplay, how hard it is to recognize an Amy when you see one, and why Matt can’t wear tweed, but Karen can.
Another post from the Doctor Who Convention via Anglophenia.
They said they “were going on a tour of the TARDIS set.”
We said: “pics or it didn’t happen.”
They responded: “pics”:
Forgive me if this post is a little light on text. I’m still a little giddy. Basically I went on a tour of the TARDIS set this afternoon, and we were allowed to touch the console and everything. THE. ACTUAL. TARDIS. SET.
So, here are just a few snaps of the stuff which has been been used to create the console. It is, in many ways, a junkshop rummage made into a spaceship, reflecting the mind of the man who flies it.
Karen explains ‘Inspector Spacetime' to Steven, Arthur, and Matt.
on the TARDIS set tour.
Arthur, Karen, and Matt leap onto the stage at dwcuk
Arthur Darvill wins the jumping contest !
From this weekend’s Doctor Who Convention in Cardiff.
This is Anglophenia’s best roundup yet, complete with some funny bits, some adorable bits, and an audience response that we found legitimately shocking — and we don’t mean the Rory thing listed below (you have to click through to find and look for the “jarring” bit).
Here’s what else we’ve learned today:
• An interesting discovery that came out of this morning’s Meet The Stars panel is that Karen Gillan is terrified of things that buzz and fly, as a lot of people are. She’s scared of moths, she’s scared of midges, and she’s scared of butterflies. Actual butterflies. I know!
• Steven Moffat’s standard answer to any question about future episodes of the show is a delightedly sing-song “I’m not telling you!”
• Arthur Darvill told an amazing story of a man he met who said he had meticulously arranged his wedding day so that there was an hour-long break to watch Amy and Rory’s wedding, which happened to be live on TV on the same day.
• A very keen Whovian called Jordan offered a jelly baby to the panel, and got a jammy dodger in return from Matt Smith.
• Caroline Skinner was wearing a knitted TARDIS hat, given to Karen Gillan the day before by a fan.
• Due to collective silliness, all three stars of the show took to the stage for one of their Meet The Stars panels using huge balletic leaps. Matt then embarked on a keepy-uppy of a soccer ball, reaching 50 kickes, but only on the condition that people in the audience would donate money to the BBC’s Sport Relief charity.
• During an aside about the amount of times Arthur has had to play death scenes, Steven ominously rumbled: “and you ain’t seen NOTHIN’ yet!”
(This rather shocked the audience for a moment, and completely derailed Steven’s train of thought)
My clips on the TARDIS set :-)