From this video.
Matt and Arthur did the same play together for six months (Swimming with Sharks) , and every night they got closer and closer in one scene.
The Doctor Who Official Convention Bag.
No, these weeping angels aren’t convention staff. They’re awesome cosplayers.
I can’t believe that these were people cosplaying, for ages I thought they had been planted by the convention people because they were that well made!
Matt at #dwcuk yesterday.
So, me and Soph just got back from the Official Doctor Who Convention! It was so, so awesome!
Let’s see, what happened?
• Arthur Darvill revealed that he was the first of the cast to work out the identity of River Song. Alex Kingston had already been told, but was sworn to secrecy by Steven Moffat. When he figured it out, he asked Alex if it was true, and she just looked deep into his eyes and said “hello Dad.”
He also said his first reaction when he found out that his friend Matt had first got the job as the Doctor was “I can’t wait to get a pencil case with Matt’s face on.”
• Community fans! Karen Gillan loves Inspector Spacetime! She had to explain it to Matt and Steven and Arthur though. Then Steven promised, as they were having an affectionate pop at his show, to “take the rip” back. The question is not whether he will do this, but when.
In answer to a question about returning monsters, he also pointed out that the Daleks must be the most easily-thwarted Doctor Who villains ever. Oh sure, they always come back trying, but just at the last minute here comes the Doctor again to wreck their plans, “with a twig.”
• Earlier in the day, at a panel devoted to the writing and production of The Girl Who Waited, writer Tom MacRae admitted his chief inspiration when developing the handbots was that they could be made into a toy. Sadly this has not yet happened.
He also offered this sage advice to anyone who wishes to write for a living: learn to touch-type. Then you can get all your ideas down in one go.
• Fact: Everyone dressed as the Tenth Doctor struts around with his (or her) hands in his (or her) pockets.
• Matt Smith was seen handing out jammy dodgers at the first Meet The Stars panel. He had clearly run out by the time of the second one, which was interrupted by the sudden arrival of a Judoon, and then a Silurian. Clearly they’d heard about the free biscuits.
Courtesy the Doctor Who Facebook page, here are a few photos from today’s event at the Millennium Centre.
See more in their photo album on Facebook.
Millennium Centre, Cardiff